Why do Lions go to conventions? I listed some reasons last month-as an example, let's see how I did:
- Meet new people-Yes, met several people from around the state.
- See old friends-Yes, saw lots of friends.
- Network-Yes, talked to many Lions about their clubs.
- Have fun-Yes, had some laughs.
- Attend a class-No, didn't do this.
- Learn something-Yes, learned about Pedia Vision-awesome technology!
- Eat and drink-Wow, plenty to eat; don't think I need anything today!
- Vote, if you're a delegate-Yes, did that. Be fun to have some competitions in the future, but those "elected" are great choices.
- Be motivated-Yes, I'm already forming new ideas which will take shape in the coming weeks.
- Be inspired-Not sure I was truly inspired, but I'll take being motivated.
- Win prizes-I didn't win a thing, but was able to buy one of those cute circus wagons from the tables.
Flip side, why do Lions not go to conventions? Here are some of the negatives I heard around the room:
- Too expensive-clubs don't help with registration
- Not enough education offered
- Too much time with nothing going on
- Not well organized
- Same thing every year